PAGUFLEX PLUS shaft couplings... the sure, uncomplicated, economical solution, if angled, radial and/or axially displaced drive shafts are to be frictionally connected.
NEW: Double loop-shaped, thermoplastic compensating coupling element made from HYTREL, a Thermoplastic Ether Ester Elastomer (TEEE) from DuPont.
Owing to the high reverse bending strength of the flexible material and the cardan-like shaping of the power transmitter, this development is the ingenious, technical solution for shaft displacement problems in motive power engineering, and in measurement and control techniques.
Recommendations for our products are for the design of: shaft-angle encoders, counting mechanisms, tachogenerators, servo valves, elevating tables, feeding drives, pumps, compressors and ventilators, kitchen equipment, office systems, textile machines and for numerous applications in the automobile and aircraft industries.
The one-piece coupling is frictionless, wear less, and silent, and works without any troubling effects (i.e., without troubling structure-borne sounds).
Thus, in changes of direction or rotation, or during torque fluctuations with load direction reversal, PAGUFLEX PLUS enables play-free and shock-free power transmission, together with effective vibration damping and sound insulation.
In numerous technical applications, the material HYTREL has been successfully substituted not only for established thermoplastics, but also for elastomers. It combines ideally the advantages of both materials, and is therefore the best innovation for flexible shaft couplings.
It enables the opening up of new areas of applications for extremely low and high temperatures. Also, in association with media in which, owing to their sensitivity, elastic elements have shown themselves to be of 'limited use'. Further applications are those in which up to now the reverse bending strength of the material has set, narrow limits with regard to mechanical fatigue loading. In these, PAGUFLEX PLUS is now the solution.
The high flexibility of the thermoplastic coupling element effectively lightens the burden on the shaft bearings of motors and machines, even in circumstances of large radial and angular alignment errors. With the help of PAGUFLEX PLUS, the bearings run quieter, warm-up less, and achieve longer durability, thus lengthening service life.
PAGUFLEX PLUS - plus points :
- high torsional rigidity with optimal beeding and traction or thrust flexibility
- ingeniously simple constructional principle
- one piece design - without play, friction, wear and structure
- simple fitting, no extra machining of the shaft journals
- minimum fitting volume, radially and axially
- coupling can be used as a universal joint for large or intermittent bending angles of the shaft
- elastic element made of HYTREL (Thermoplastic Ether Ester Elastomer, TEEE); enabling:
- high operational reliability in the temperature
range between -40*C und +100*C
- outstanding chemical resistance to acids, alkalis,
solvents, oils, gases, ozone
- high tear propagation resistance, high low- temperature flexibility, high abrasion resistance and reverse bending strength
- Insulation from heat, structure-borne noise and leakage currents
- damping of vibration and shock
- relieves the motor/machine shaft bearings of lateral and axial forces
- steel bosses with corrosion-protected, galvanized surface